Increasing pollution in air gives rise to a situation known as ‘Smog’. It is such a condition where the atmosphere of a particular place is filled up with smoke and other pollutants that are released in the air. It has been seen that smoke released by vehicles contribute maximum to the atmospheric pollutants. Many people are therefore opting for CNG Conversion Kits and installing them in their car in order to reduce the release of pollutants in the air.
In the year 2013, Government of India made it compulsory for any CNG fitment centre in Delhi to make it mandatory that every vehicle which runs on compressed natural gas should have a compliance plate. This plate helps to determine whether a vehicle has passed the hydro test.
A CNG Conversion Kit can be installed in a vehicle so that it can easily opt either for gasoline or CNG as per the requirements for the user. The Kit normally comes with important parts such as filling nozzle, emulator, hoses and pressure gauge. There are a number of benefits which one can get by making use of this kit. The number of toxic and harmful pollutants is less in comparison with gasoline, so you can easily switch from gasoline to CNG in those areas which are highly prone to air pollution.
Vehicles which use CNG Gas have healthier engines than those that use gasoline. Unlike the gasoline engines where a lot of carbon is accumulated, the engine of a CNG fitted car is much fitter and causes less dirt to the engine.
The most significant benefit of a CNG fitted vehicle is that it makes less noise as the levels of natural gas always remain high thereby reducing the noise subsequently.
Green Fuel Energy is one of the best CNG Kit Dealers in Gurgaon. The company sells HP solenoid valves which are used in buses. Its clients include many well known automobile players in the market such as Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.
Compressed Natural Gas is one of the most viable alternative fuel options today. Natural gas has been used as fuel in domestic households for many years but it hasn’t achieved mainstream use as fuel for automobiles. As an alternative to buying a new NGV, car owners can also choosing to convert an existing vehicle to run on CNG.
A CNG conversion kit is a set of components that are installed in a vehicle so it can operate using CNG. CNG conversion kits usually come with parts such as regulator, high pressure tubing and fittings, pressure gauge, filling nozzle, hoses, hose clamps, advance timing processor, fuel change over “ON/Off” switch as well as the necessary wiring, straps and screws.
The fuel change over switch allows the driver to switch from gasoline to CNG in just a push of a button. CNG conversion kits usually do not include the CNG tank or cylinder as well as the cylinder valve. They are purchased separately from the CNG conversion kit. CNG United will provide you ALL parts and accessories needed to successfully complete your conversion.
Using CNG conversion kits has several advantages and a few disadvantages also. For people who are contemplating on making the switch from purely gasoline-run vehicle to a CNG/gasoline bi-fuel system, knowing these advantages can help you make the right decision that is best for you.
Advantages of CNG:
- Natural gas is significantly less expensive than gasoline. The cost of natural gas can go as low as $0.64 a GGE or Gasoline Gallon Equivalent. In some areas, natural gas costs as low as a third of the cost of gasoline, on average.
- CNG is more eco-friendly than gasoline. Natural gas produces far fewer harmful emissions and hydrocarbons than gasoline.
- Using CNG makes the engine cleaner and more efficient. Unlike gasoline, CNG minimizes harmful carbon deposits when combusted. This results to a cleaner and more efficient engine as well as longer lasting spark plugs. Oil changes are also minimized because of carbon deposits that contaminate the oil is eliminated.
- CNG is abundant in the U.S. The country has extensive natural gas resources and a well-established network of pipelines. Switching to CNG can help ease the country’s dependence to foreign oil.
- CNG has higher Octane levels averaging over 120 Octane .